Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Bought mondeo 1.6 economic 61 plate a few weeks ago.needed

Bought mondeo 1.6 economic 61 plate a few weeks ago.needed to change battery which has meant I need to recode stereo but don't know how to take it out from dash to get serial code
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today In order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unit Most audio unit have a serial number self read function but into the unit If you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number The serial number will look like this - exampleV015638 or M048725 If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediatelyIf the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit needs to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unit Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did as asked but didn't come up with any codes or numbers starting with to or mo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Is this a 61 plate Mondeo Does it have a touch screen sat nav (7inch ) or a 5 inch (sat nav SD card to left ) Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Hiwhat year of Mondeo do you have and if possible an image of the unit or a description as there are several different units Kind regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2011
Hi there thanks Ok your audio unit must have the self test using buttons 1&6 Press and hold 1&6 together with audio unit on The system will run through a few different screens And will display the serial number which I require to generate your code It may be half on one display and half on the other bit WILL. start with a V followed by 6 digits ie V033587 Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry didn't reply back yesterday had family crisis.
Did again and this is what it came up with
05-03-08
Premium DS
Bl
AmT--14c476
--a.d
CD v0 07 01
MP3 09 00 02
FB 07--02--08
EA 05 all
Unknown
An
CD.mca1v0285
95
CS.7canoe.1a
Hi there thanks no worries Ok here is the radio code you requested for serial number V028595 = 8544 If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you were satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just put that code in and nothing apart from the 8 flashing.
Audio is Ford 6000 cd
Hi there Ok most units are the sameuse press button 1 - 8 times Button 2 - 5 times Button 3 - 4 times Button 4 -4 times Then press button 5 to enter code
Some units use the # ***** to enter code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you very much just done works fine
Thank you for your time
Hi there no worries ism glad this is resolved now If you ever need any future help or technical advice please let me know If you have been satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated Brian