Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My transit connect won't start. It was driving perfectly

Customer Question

My transit connect won't start.
It was driving perfectly a few minutes ago.
When I tried to restart it it was dead, won't even tick over.
There's a red light flashing on the dashboard.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonightThe red light that flashes on the dash is the Immobilsor light
When ignition is turned on it will flashing rapidly (faster than normal ) if there is a faultWhen you put ignition on The light should come on solid for 3 seconds then go out this is the self test passing
If it starts flashing rapidly then this means you have an Immobilsor active issueWhat to do is leave the light flashing rapidly for 1 minute then watch the light as it will emit a flash code ie: 1 Flash - PAUSE - 5 flashes = flash code 15If you can check this code and let me know I can advise you furtherKind regards ***** *****Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.
I switched on the ignition and the immobiliser light came on for three seconds then went out.
It did not flash rapidly.
When I switched the ignition off the immobiliser light kept flashing in a steady rythem without changing.
Hi there thanks Ok this is normal operation of the immobilisor system In this case the Immobilsor can be ruled out I would next dusiextcasusupect a faulty starter motor (quite common on the connect )The vehicle will start with a bump start of the starter is faulty which I would strongly suspect as you have good battery voltage (ignitions lights don't go dim or off when you crank the vehicle and the Immobilsor system is ok ) So the next port of call is the starter motor (You can check the 12 volt crank feed to the starter using a circuit tester or multimeter to confirm this as the issue) If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you were satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated Brian
Hi there good afternoon to you How did you get on with our connect starting issue regarding possible starter motor failure Regards ***** ***** Brian
Hi there good morning to you How did you get on with the starting issue we discussed Kind regards ***** *****