Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Mike, I'm peter. I have a mk 7 2009 fiesta and the boot

Customer Question

hi mike, I'm peter. I have a mk 7 2009 fiesta and the boot alarms intermittently when driving but the boot isn't open. any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 7 months ago.
Hi there , good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you todayDo you still require assistance with your issueKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes please, it is still intermitant every couple of journeys even if the boot hasn't been opened
Hi peter good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response The most common issue we see regarding tailgate open issues on the mk7 fiesta is water ingress into the boot release switch This however usally pops the boot latch open if the boot latch isn't pyshicslly opening but you are still receiving the message boot open then the micro switch in the tailgate latch would be the suspected component Basically when you close the boot the latch ends a ground to the body control module (BCMii ) to tell the module it is closed When you open the boot the earth is taken away and the module knows it is open (message displayed on the dash ) If there is a poor connection inside the tailgate latch micro switch it would cause this issue Ideally you want to check the wiring leaving the tailgate latch with the fault present to see if the earth is there or not But from your description (ie boot fully closed but message in dash ) this would indicate a tailgate latch issue If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Peter please let me know If you were satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated Brian
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 6 months ago.
Hi peter good afternoon to You How did you get on with the boot issue we discussed Kind regards ***** ***** Brian