Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My Son has a 2007 Ford Galaxy Ghia TDCI 1700 diesel parked

Customer Question

My Son has a 2007 Ford Galaxy Ghia TDCI 1700 diesel parked in Battersea, London. The clutch has leaked hydraulic fluid and the pedal has sunk to the floor. How can he bleed the system ? Once he can move it the fault can be put right by a friend in Sussex
David
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there David good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonight Ok to bleed the clutch system you need to fill the brake /clutch resivoir with fluid then connect small bottle(with done fluid in it ) and a thin hose if possible to the clutch Slave cylinder nipple on the the gearbox and half turn the bleed nipple and pump the clutch pedal to bleed the air out of the system I have attached an image to assist you If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you were satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brian,many thanks. I am having trouble viewing the attachments, can you help, getting only half the pictures.
Also will you please send your reply as above by email to my Son at***@******.***
Great service.
David
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A second thought. Where is this bleed nipple? Can it be found under the bonnet or from under the engine, a rough sketch would help please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS Andrew with a small a
Hi there the skate cylinder is located on the top front left of the gearbox Sometimes removing the air filter allows easier access