Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Have the same problem with my c max 1.8td 2007 90000 miles Changed

Hi have the same problem with my c max 1.8td 2007 90000 miles
Changed fuel filter
Wheel bearings and drive shaft
As it feels like a shaft out of balance
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a judder when excelerating it worse when in 5th gear at 40 mph going up to 60mph driving soft and carm
If I drive hard I don't notice it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car starts and runs fine
No engine lights on dash no faults in system with hand held devise
No noise or slipping from clutch as it has duel mass
Had a full service
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there , good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you todayOk does this happen more speed related or rev related
Ie: around 2200 rpmRegards ***** *****
Brian
Also what driveshaft was replaced
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both drive shafts
I would say revs
It does it when I increase
I tried knocking in to neutral when it happens and not there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both driveshafts
Both wheel bearings
Hi there thanks So would you describe it as a wobble /judder (not a missfire ) And do you think it happens more between 2200 rpm and 2500 rpm Also has ANY previous engine work been carried out Is there any pulsing from the clutch pedal or idling issues noises or engine vibrations Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Defently a judder
Only notice it in 4 or 5 gear
More in 5th gear at 50 when I increase speed slowly that's when it judders
Not sure what the revs are but I will check
I had the cam belt done but the judder was all ways there
Sometimes when idling the engine tone drops but not all the time
Only for a second
No noise from the clutch
When it judders I feel it through the car
Haven't noticed any misfiring
I've owned the car for 6 years bought it with 60000 miles
It has got more noticeable over the last year
Only doing 5000 miles between mot
Car has 90000 miles now
Thanks Can you check the Rev range the fault appears at and also try light throttle 2nd/3rd gear to see if it happens at the sane Rev range ie: does it only happen when you load the engine up Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll get back to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can just feel it in 2/3rd gear very faint
More in 4/5 between 1800/ 2200 rpm
It feels as if I was doing 20 in 5th gear
But the engine sounds fine
Hi there good afternoon to you Ok from your description of the fault I would suspect what we call an injector imbalance (I have only ever seen this on the 1.8tdci )Your symptoms are exactly what I would expect to see see ie:1800-2200 rpm under light load you get a judder The first time I came across this was many years back and it took several hours of diagnostics before tracing it to an imbalanced injector (possibly poor spray pattern under certain loads ) as if you drive the vehicle hard you won't feel it Ok now fit the diagnostics it's lucky enough to
Have a few spare injectors at my disposal of which I swapped one injector at a time to find the offending injector This fault took me by surprised as the vehicle idled and also ran perfect apart from this wobble /judder under certain loaded engine conditions If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you were satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE