Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I need a radio code galaxy satnav unit

Customer Question

Hi I need a radio code for the galaxy satnav unit
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's a 2012 full screen
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 10 months ago.
Hi there good evening to you
My name is ***** ***** i would be happy to assist you tonightOk what type of sat nav unit do you have
Ie: large touchscreen unit
Or smaller (SD card to the left type unit )Is the unit removed as there is information on the side of the unit that is required to generate the code
Depending on exact Varient some codes must be generated by Bosch in Germany (we fax a form away to them ) which I can do for you
In other cases I can generate tje code immediatelyI will need a picture or the information from the dude of the unit as the serial number is ***** to generate the codeRegards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi thanx for the reply it's a full size with the heater controls built in
The series no is c7e3f0703c3143191
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Or bm2t 18k931 aerial815 c7e3f0703 c(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hope this helps
Hi there thanksOk can you try the radio code - 3718 first as depending on exact setup this may be correct if it isn't please let me know as I will need to fax a form tommorow morning to Germany and get some more information from youIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you were satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Any positive feedback /bonuses is kindly appreciatedBrian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can't get radio to Cum on now
Have you entered the codeOr is the radio not power wrong upYou may have to reconnect it and start the vehicle up
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi I have connected it and started it up no power Inc heater no light nothing jus like it's gone dead
I assume it was working previously
These units can Sometimes hand internal RAM issues causing this issues whereby it won't wake up but usally after 5 minutes or so come back to life
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes it was working it was asking for a code I imputed ithe wrong and it said wait 1hr I turned car off and came back to it and removed radio
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Was I suppose to leave ignition on for an hour or turn ignition off
Have you tried didsconnecting the unit again snd make sure the fuse is ok at the rear of the unit
Some have fuses where the multiplug goes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes tried that I hope I've not damaged it when I was removing front facing is moving slightly
Hi there good morning to youDid you use the 4 special radio pins to remove the unit or was it just pulled out as there is 4 slots to slide flat bladed pins into the releases the unit from its holding clipsAs the front facia shouldn't be looseKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I took it out with the pins but it took a bit of force now the facia is loose I've stripped it down but there is no power to screen u can control the heaters but nothing on screen the unit is totally dead no power lights or the illumination lights
Hi there did you use all 4 pins or just top two
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Top 2
HiOk there is 4 slots
2 at top and 2 at bottom
The bottom ones are located behind the plastic covers in front of the fascia
These pop off to reveal the slots
Where the bottom pins go
As these units pop out easily with all 4 in place
It may be the case the bottom of the screen connection is detached
I haven't personally stripped this unit but there should be screw to attach it together and a possible ribbon connection present
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've checked all them they look OK I think I've just messed it up as ur a Ford techy can u get hold of these units secondhand
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do u know where the fuses are for the radio I've checked then under glove box and engine bay they look OK
Hi there yes you can get them but they are expensive
Places like Ebay etc are your best bet to locate oneBut of ot is damaged you would better having it repaired (your local ford dealer would be able to advise you on costs etc of having it set to Bosch for a direct repair
In most cases Bosch send a recon unit which is then swapped for your unit on arrival then your unit is sent back to BoschThe Audio fuses are 6&7 in the fuse box in passengers footwell
But as even the illumination isn't working you could be looking at it bring something deeper due to force used when removing unitIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank u sooooo much really appreciate it wilooks leave feedback and accept
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi mate found a secondhand unit bit no code if I send u the serial no over can u see if u can get me the codes
Yes no problem
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanx as soon as he sends them I'll let u know
Hi there no worries
I look forward to your replyPlease remember to rate my advice and if possible any postive feedback
accordingly when prompted
The question won't close even after rating we can still continue as normalKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Cool will do
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi mate I know it's not the same question ant the radio code was wondering if u could help me I've got the galaxy 2012 titanium x keyless entry I bought a spare key off ebay is there any way jus to reprogram the central locking locking so it opens and closes the doors
Hi there good evening to you Ok I assume you have the keykess(teardrop ) fob This must be coded to the central locking and Immobilsor using fords ids software this is carried out at the same time during the programming procedure There is no other way to code this remote Kind regards ***** *****