Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have just bought a mondeo 07 titanium x. The problem

I have just bought a mondeo 07 titanium x.
The problem I have is with the starting sequence.
I open the door, get in press clutch and push button and all is fine.... But if I get in and wait,30 seconds ish, or stop the Arabs try to restart... Then I have to unlock on the keyfob open the door then you hear the steering lock disengage and dash lights up and then and only then will it start as it should do?
Can you help
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just to add. It seems as though that the immobiliser activates after about 30-45 seconds once sat in the car... Meaning you have to go through the opening sequence again?
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 10 months ago.
Good morning to you I'm sorry for the delay to response my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today Just to confirm the fault when you open the car and jump on the steering lock does not disengage intermittently Ok does the drivers door open message show when the drivers door is actually open Are there any messages displayed on the – i.e. Steering lock malfunction or key not detected Does the ignition leads always come on when you press the power button Kind regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Brian.I do apologise, my explanation was not very good.If I jump in the car then it will start fine with I problems at all. The problem is if i unlock the car and take my time ie putting the child in his seat, then I get nothing at all. It seems that I have about 45 seconds to start the car before you hear the 'click' which I guess is the steering lock. No messages at all.
I have to press the unlock button in the key fob and HAVE to open the door then and only then is it able to start normally.
Hi there no worriesOk when you unlock the vehicle before putting car seat in are you opening the drivers door firstly As the BCMii needs to see the drivers open within a set amount of time normally 30-45 seconds before it will command starting sequence Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It still happens when I get straight in. If i I sit in the front seat but don't start the car straight away, then the immobiliser kicks in. Click open, open the door, then it's fine to start
Hi there thanks Ok in this case I would advise having the KVM (keyless vehicle module ) software updated to the latest level the early mk4 Mondeos suffered from software issues between the KVM and the steering lock actuator module A revised software was introduced to resolve these intermitent issues It's also advised the BCMii software is updated at the same time This must be done using fords ids software If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you were satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank for the advice