Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Gallagher 99, focus econetic 1.6 ,2008, my son in law noticed

Hi Gallagher 99, focus econetic 1.6 ,2008, my son in law noticed smoke from exhaust on the motorway, pulled over after putting in neutral and switched off, it didn't turn off but reved until it stopped itself with clouds of smoke. His mechanic friend said it needs a new turbo core and a engine flush, this has been done but engine still won't start. The car was relayed home and did not start then either. Any clues, thanks in advance. Mick.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Mick good morning to you sorry for the delayed response my name is***** will be happy to assist you todayDo you still require assistance with this issueKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi there Mick good evening to you Ok the earlier 1.6 tdci Variant suffered commonly from turbo issuesIf the vehicle has "ran away with itself " then most commonly this causes engine damage Basically when this happens the turbo bearing collapses causing oil to be drawn into the air Inktake system This in turn cause the oil to be drawn into the combustion chamber which results in the engine running on oil (even with key removed ) commonly when this happens the oil becomes compressed causing piston or injector tip damage It's also advised to ensure there is no oil left in the intercooler after this repair as this is the lowest point of the intake system and I have seen the exact same fault happen due to the intercooler not being drained I would advise starting with a compression check as this rules out any engine issues then the injectors should be removed and inspected In some cases you do get away with this but most commonly the vehicle stops running with a huge bang causing engine damage Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Brian, my problem has been the info from my son in law and listening a bit too much to his uncle. He did say the turbo was u/s so replaced the turbo core. Thanks for your help and how do I pay you? I'm not thick but I haven't found the site that easy to navigate, wasn't sure if it was sending me to another mechanic and would have to pay again.
Hi Mick no worries Ok all you have to do is rate my advice when prompted If you require any further assistance with this going forward please let me know as this post will stay open if you need to contact me and I will do my upmost to assist you Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Brian, will rate now, not a good night because I'm in work till 6 but thanks anyway. Mick