Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2015 Kuga, manual, 2wd, 150hp engine. Purchased Jan 16, currently

Customer Question

2015 Kuga, manual, 2wd, 150hp engine. Purchased Jan 16, currently 18k miles. Weird behaviour on starting. Push button to start, some hesitation, then starts, but really violent running at tick over, as if running only on one cylinder, or even running backwards! The running is so violent the engine bangs and clatters inside the engine bay, shaking the car violently, and I'm scared the engine will rip off its mounts! It's done this about 3 times in the last 5 months, but it did it twice in quick succession last Saturday.
Any ideas
Pete
Hopley
Derbyshire
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Pete,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'm assuming that this is the diesel engine so I'd say that this possibly a faulty injector so creating a misfire on 1 or more cylinders this could be a faulty injector or a stuck EGR or possibly low fuel pressure do you have a check engine light on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shantel,
please close the question down now.
thanks
Pete