Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My ford fiesta 1.4 diesel just failed mot on black smoke it

Customer Question

my ford fiesta 1.4 diesel just failed mot on black smoke it has just been serviced
Category: Ford
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.Welcome to ja.comi hope i can be of help to you today but first i just need to ask you some questions so my answer is better sourced as sometimes i may have to ask multiple questions so that i can make sure you are completely happy with the answer that i give to you.1. If you rev the engine quickly do you notice the black smoke yourself?2. Also if you are accelerating up hills do you see the black smoke in the mirror behind you? If so, is it a lot?3. Do you use the car mainly for short journeys around town etc?4. Lastly, but i should've asked this first, What year is your car please?i look forward to your replies.Thank you in advanceNathan