Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Alright what happened to my question about the handbrake

Customer Question

alright what happened to my question about the handbrake light keeps coming on when driving
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 6 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Hi , Sorry for the wait ,just come on line and seen this question sent on from Shantal . Okay why the hand brake light comes on .Possible cause for this is commonly due to low brake fluid level , if level is good then the hand brake switch on the hand brake has a intermittent short to ground.The master cylinder has a low level sensor in it and when the level gets to low the light will start to come on ,if thre level is good then the level float in the master cylinder could be bad , to check this just disconnect the sensor connector on the underside of the reservoir.if then the light stays out then the float is suspect . If still having a problem the hand brake light switch is shorting out . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.