Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I changed the battery and have no power to the radio. I have

Hi I changed the battery and have no power to the radio. I have checked the radio in my old mondeo and it askes for the code. I have also noticed no power to the OBD socket I have tried a self contained hand held and a hand held which draws power from the socket
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 12 months ago.
Hi there good morning to youand sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you todayDo you still require assistance with this issue
Is your Mondeo the lady of the mk3 or first of the newer shapeWhat unit is fitted to your audio system ie sat nav or just a 6000cdRegards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Brian, I have the Lady of the MK3 and the standard 6000cd.
RegardsLen
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 11 months ago.

Hi there Len good evening to you and Iam very sorry for the delayed response

Ok I have looked through s few of the mk 3 Mondeo wiring diagrams and would like you to test /inspect fuse 72 in the passengers fuse box (behind glove box )

This Powers the 6000cd unit and also powers pin16 of the diagnostic port so must be inspected firstly and test for 12 volts at each side of the fuse

Kind regards ***** ***** Len

Brian

Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Brian I put the meter over the 72 fuse found there was power. The fuse looked perfect but on doing a continuity test found it blown new fuse sorted the problem.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.Kind regardsLen