Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I need some desperate help pls Can you program the keys on a

Customer Question

Hey guys i need some desperate help pls
Can you program the keys on a ECU which has the same series/module as the original one but it comes from a car with a different engine code? My car has Q7DA and the ECU is from a similar car but with engine code QQDB
if not can you change the whole ECU kit ( including immobilizer, keys, transponder etc) from a car with same year , same engine size but with a different engine code?
thank you, ***** ***** help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 6 months ago.

Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

My mane is Brian and I would be happy to offer you technical assistance with your issue

Do you still require assistance

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
pls

Hi there no worries

Ok what has actually been done to the vehicle

Ie :is it Only the pcm that has been replaced

Are you using ids software

Regards in advance

Brian

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry but you are not answering my previous questions

Hi thanks sorry was just looking to see what had been done so I could advise further

Ok the main Immobilsor system component on the2008 focus is the instrument cluster not the Ecu

The keys are stored /programmed to the cluster and the cluster is then paired to the Ecu

If you have only replaced the cluster you will then only need to initialise /handshake the cluster and PCM to enable crank/starting

This can be done using compatible diagnostic equipment

This is a quicker way than swapping a cluster /Ecu /ignition locks etc from another vehicle

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know

If you were satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated

Brian

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i didnt replace the cluster, i replaced the ECU, is from the same type of car but just different engine code, Ford dealer tried to program the keys on the new ECU but doesnt work
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
if I will buy the whole kit :ECU,Cluster, keys, transporder from a similar model but just different engine code should work?

Hi there yes if you buy the complete kit it will work

The engine code is irelavent to coding of the Immobilsor

As mentioned the keys aren't programmed to the Ecu they are held in the cluster and the cluster is paired to the Ecu

If the PCM was the same from the donar car

You would need to programme the PCM firstly then pair the cluster to the PCM

I suspect it has failed as the bin numbers between the cluster and PCM didn't match up

Thus if you replace the complete kit it's already precoded

You will have to programme the remote central locking (if fitted ) seperatly which I can assist you with

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Hi there ,good morning to you

How did you get on in regards ***** ***** Immobilsor issue

Please remember to rate my advice when prompted as this helps build my online profile

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Hi there ,good morning to you

How did you get on in regards ***** ***** Immobilisor issue

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian