Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a. 2004 fiesta 1.4 tdci flashing up eac fail and

Customer Question

Hi i have a. 2004 fiesta 1.4 tdci flashing up eac fail and reading a fault code p0193 fuel rail pressure sensor high circuit input.plugged in snapon ethos live data at idle as follows. Fuel rail pressure 179990 dosent change. Intake map 13kpa. Airflow g/s 7.9. Engine speed 836 rpm.coolant and air temp register sensible values.car is in limp mode. Engine dosent run rough just wont go above certain speed.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.

Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you technical assistance with your issue

Do you still require assistance with this issue

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Do you still require assistance

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there thanks

Ok is this EAC fault a hard fault is it there all the time

Is this the only code that is logged

Have you checked the wiring with multiplug connected to fuel rail

Kind regards inadvance

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the code that appears at all times is p0193 fuel rail pressure circuit high input. I tried clearing it but when rescanning it nevers clears. I checked for voltage on fuel pressure connector get 4.9v and earth and the other one earths when i put ignition on. Car is in limp mode. Car doesnt run rough
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way of testing the fuel rail sensor. The live data shows fuel rail pressure is 26000psi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eac fail is flashing on the das at all times once the car is started

Hi there thanks

Ok was the voltage checks done with the multiplug connected to the rail

What is your reg number so I can pull the correct diagram up

Regards Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reg ya52 fsl fiesta 1.4tdci. Volt checks done when it was disconnected from rail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I probed the end of the multiplug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P0193 is the only fault code that appears and it never clears
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this anything to do with injectors or the throttle position sensor?

Hi there thanks

Ok can you connect the fuel rail sensor and carry out wiring checks as follows

Pin 1 -White and green wire (signal wire to PCM )

Pin 2 - brown wire (earth of fuel rail sensor )

Pin 3 - yellow (5 volts reference from PCM )

Ignition on and multiplug connected

Check you have 5 volts on multimeter across pins 2&3 (the multiplug must've connected to the rail

This keys us know the 5 volt ref and earth are ok

Next go between pins 1&2 and check what reading you have

I have attached an image of the diagram to assist you

Regards ***** *****

brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can i ask. If this fault is related to throttle position sensor, injectors or pcm as there are so many forums that mention so many different causes of eac failThanks

Hi there

I would suspect a faulty fuel rail sensor (not avaiable seperatly from the rail just now but was just looking to clarify the readings with plug connected

Regards Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi brian thanks for advice will check this.unfortuanetly not able to check till saturday will send you figures back thankyou for your patience

Hi there no worries

Just reply when your ready I will receive email notification of your reply and will reply immediately to you

We can continue on this same post even after rating has been Given the question won't close

Please remember to supply rating when prompted as this helps build my online profile

I look forward to your reply and hopefully we can get this resolved for you

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry about this my wife has same car given wrong reg the correct reg is pj04 azv. The colour of the wires on my fuel rail sensor are red green and blue. Please can you send the revised pin test for fuel rail sensor if i backprobe itThanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi brianSorry correct reg was pj04 azv. I had three wires on the frp sensor. They were red blue and green. I think the blue one is earth. From using my multimeter. I measured the following with ignition onAcross green and blue i got 4.9volts
Across red and blue i also got 4.9 volts
Please can you let me know if there any issues with these readings which were measured with ignition on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All measurements were taken with fuel rail sensor plug connected and ignition on

Hi there good morning to you

Ok these readings indicate a faulty fuel rail pressure sensor or poor pin grip to the sensor

But commonly it's a faulty sensor

The sensor comes complete with the fuel rail

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know

If you were satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Any positive feedback /bonuses is kindly appreciated

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi brian thanks for help. Please can i ask you what the voltages across the sensor should have been. Should the signal have been 0.5v. Also please can ask as this component is in an akward place. What is the best procedure to remove it ie deep sock or ring spanner and do i need to remove all water pipesThanks

Hi there

Yes ignition ok around 0.5-0.6 volts

4.9 volts makes the PCM read 1800 bar of pressure

The full fuel rail needs to be replaced

I replace these from under neath at the rear (not the nicest job )

All the fuel pipes need to be slackend from the rail

Removing the starter motor makes this easier

Regards Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi brian
I have managed to source the rail sensor on its own from car parts supplier. Just have to double check part no. Please may i ask what size deep socket will fit round sensor as i have took out egr and can now get to it.Thanks

Hi there

It's a 27 mm

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

Brian

Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi brian sorry havent rated you yet. Finally got sensor. Hopefully will fit it tomorrow. Does the sensor seal by washer at bottom as there is no o ring on the fuel rail sensor just a washer at the bottom.also is there a torque settingThanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. It turned out to be the frp sensor as you advisedThankyou for your help