Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have just replaced the boot lid latch/lock on my 08 mondeo

Customer Question

Hi, I have just replaced the boot lid latch/lock on my 08 mondeo sedan as the old one was broken but I am still getting a warning saying the boot is open.any ideas why?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 5 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 5 months ago.

Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you technical assistance with your issue

Do you still require assistance with this issue

Was the tailgate latch replaced for the boot open warning message concern

Has the wiring been checked for this issue

Kind regards in advance

Brian

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The wiring hasn't been checked. I took off the old bootlid latch and when I did a piece had broken off inside it and fell out. So I ordered a new one and replaced it. Now when I turn the light on in the car I get an annoying warning, ding dong, and it comes up saying luggage compartment open, every time I use the brake the warning comes back.

Hi there thanks

Ok Just to confirm when you press the brake the boot warning message appears

Do you have your registration number there to allow me to study the correct wiring diagram

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yeh thats right mate but only when the lights are on. its a weird one. reg is 08KY378. 1.8 mondeo 2008

Do you have the chassis number as that's a non uk reg

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i think it is WF0DXXGBBD7M56631
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i took a photo

Hi there thanks

Ok I have looked through the wiring diagram and would like you to check connector 44 (behind passengers boot side carpet )

This connector connects the rear wiring tailgate /lights etc to the front wiring which runs to the BCMii

The tailgate ajar wire is yellow /orange and is housed at pin7 of connector 44

The wiring at connector 44 is black at one side then changes to colour at the other side

The pins for the rear side lights and brake light are at pins 3/4&5 so are in close proximity to the ajar wiring

This must be the first check as sonetimes we see moisture or corrosion in this connector and this would cause your issue

The tailgate ajar works as follows

When you close the boot the tailgate switch sends an earth through pin 7 connector 44 and then onto the BCMii at connector 2 pin 10

This tells the BCMii the tailgate is closed whenthe boost is open the earth is removed and the BCMii indicates the message that the boot is open

The BCMii is the fuse box in the passengers footwell

If connector 44 is ok we must check the BCMii connector 2 for any moisture as the lights all go to this connector

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know

If you were satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated

We can continue Inthis sane post it won't close

Brian

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Brian, I have checked the connector in the boot, everything seems fine there, I had continuity from the boot lid latch connector to connector 44. i didn't see any corrosion. i only had a glance down the front for the BCMii connector but couldn't work out which one it was. my wife has taken the car now for the day.

Hi there

Can you check if you are getting an earth with boot shut which goes away when boot is open at connector 44 pin7

I will send an image of the BCMii connector to you

Regards Brian

How did you get on with our issue

Regards ***** *****

Brian

Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 4 months ago.

Hi there

How did you get on with our boot concern

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian