Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Morning, Was hoping you could help me with my Kuga 2.0 TDCi

Customer Question

Morning, Was hoping you could help me with my Kuga 2.0 TDCi 2009 Zetec 2WD.
When you accelerate the engine feels like it jerks and Misfires. Its seems to start about 2,000rpm and stops when you change gear but then starts again.
When you drive on the motorway and come off the power and slightly put the power back on it also starts to jerk/misfire.
My local garage are having trouble as there are no fault codes.
They have used a donor injector to swapped one injector at a time
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.

Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you technical assistance with your issue

Ok has the fuel filter been replaced recently on your vehicle

Do you know when it was last replaced

Regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning Brain.Forgot to add that's has just been done.Thanks Tom

Hi Tom no worries

I was just looking to rule this out first

Ok obviously this type of fault is a bit more difficult to diagnose online as I cannot pyshicslly feel the issue but I will try and assist you using my knowledge and experience of the Dw10 2.0tdci engine Varient

Ok A few things that should be ruled out are ANY small splits or tears in the air intake hoses /intercooler hoses as these can upset the torque /demand of the engine management system

Next also ensure the air filter hasn't been crushed when fitted as we see a lot of issues caused by incorrect fitment of the air filter (the intake pipe should be removed completely before installing filter where as a lot of people squeeze them into place this causes a deviation of the air flow past the MAF sensor

Next up would be a possible turbo issue these can vary from loss of vacuum due to loose connections

Faulty vacuum regulators or most commonly carbon build up on the variable vanes

If carbon build is suspected A burn off test should be done

Basically go down the motorway for 30 mins (hot engine )holding revs around 3000-4000 this works the turbo constantly and can assist and free off the vanes from carbon

You would be surprised at how many vehicles have had issues

Resolved by carrying this out

And is normally due to easy driving styles

Ideally Tom if nothing is visually eveident then you should have a live road test conducted with datalogger connected

This allows the technician to monitor all the relavent signals from the sensors and actuators in real time with fault present

i use datalogger all the time for issues like yours and it can be a great tool

Other things thst that can be looked into are PCM calibrations and resetting values ie: turbo learned values /fuel injector learned values this is five using fords ids diagnostic equipment

Kindest regards ***** ***** Tom

Brian

Hi there Tom ,good morning to you

How did you get on with our running concern

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Me

Hi there Tom ,

good morning to you

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian