Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I purchased a Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost a few weeks ago and

I purchased a Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost a few weeks ago and there is an intermittant fault when slowing down in lower gears all of a sudden it revs to over 4000 revs. Ford agent cannot find cause of problem. Any ideas please.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.

Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you technical assistance with your issue

What year of fiesta do you have

is this intermittent if do how many times has it happened

How long do the revs stay up for (do you need to stalk the Vehicle to stop it

Are there any warning messages or lights on the dash

Is there any smoke when this happens

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a new 2016 limited edition white. No of times 10+. Lasts a few seconds. No warning lights.. No smoke.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dealership says they have checked diagnostics and they can see no problems. Even checked the fitting of the floor mat!!!

Hi there thanks

Ok I have came across a similar issue on a 2014 Eco boost fiesta and the fault was caused by a faulty throttle body

I was advised by my engineers to replace the throttle body and update the software levels of both the PCM/Ecu and the instrument cluster

This resolved my customers concern of the vehicles revs hanging up by itself with no throttle input

As yours is a brand new 16 plate I would advise the software updates first and if the fault persists I would replace the throttle body

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Will go back to the dealership to ry and resolve.

Hi there no worries

If you need any further advice going forward please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Brian