Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a kuga, 2008, which is letting in water at both

I have a kuga, 2008, which is letting in water at both passenger and drivers side. I am 99% it was that it happens when the car is stationary. I took it to a ford dealer a while ago, who looked at it and who were not sure if they had cured it, and said that if it wasn't cured, they would have to strip it. At that time, I hadn't ascertained that it as when the car was stationary.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you technical assistance with your issueDo you still require assistance with this water leak concernKindest regards ***** *****
Brian

Hi there John good evening to you and sorry for the confusion

I never received a reply of original question

Ok is the water entering the passengers and drivers front footwells

regards Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have not received any answer. I am 79 years old with poor hearing, so I do not wish to communicate by phone, so could you please give me some guidance in writing (email). The water is entering both footwells. On Wednesday, it rained for most of the day. I soaked it up from the passenger side only, which yielded more than a pint of water, SO IT IS NOT JUST A DRIP!
The car had been stationary all that day.

Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the extended delayed response

I have just returned from holiday today

Ok the most common point of water ingress we see on kuga in relation to where your water is entering is the lower points of the front windshield glass

Over the last 3-4 years I have had to have several front windscreens removed and revealed due to water ingress concerns

This also ties in with the vehicle leaking water when stationary

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian