Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2014 2.2 Ford Ranger, 18000 miles and it keeps

Customer Question

I have a 2014 2.2 Ford Ranger, 18000 miles and it keeps destroying the front prop shaft boot. This has happened twice now with the result that the CV joint has given up. Unfortunately customer service has said that this is not covered by warranty and want to charge over £700 for a complete new shaft as they say that you cannot get the individual parts. Is there a way around this and what could be causing the problem?
Many Thanks
Rod
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 6 months ago.

Hi there Rod good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonight

Ok what reason has been given by your main dealer as to why this isn't warranty

Are they stating that because you have fitted a universal CB gaitor this has invalidated your warranty

Do you have your registration or vin numver there so I can check the warranty history etc

Was the gaitor fitted by a ford dealer

And what did the dealer say originally when the fault arose

I have changed 2 driveshafts on ranger for failed cv joints issues both under warranty

and it is a case of there are no parts avaiable seperatly

And the full shaft should be replaced

Was it ford CRC. you spoke to customer relations centre

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The original boot split and this was the one that they refused to replace which is why a universal boot was then put to try and save the CV joint this also has now split and the CV joint is now rattling. This was not done by a Ford dealer as the Ford dealer in Yeovil does not have a good reputation locally and the dealer that I got it from is 40+ miles away.
The decision not to cover it under warrenty was made at a higher level than the dealer which I must say was not the decision of Tarnock garage, the supplier of the truck.
VIN 6FPPXXMJ2PER31317
I will say that this will be the last ford product I will probably purchase as the quality of it is dire.Rod

Hi there Rod good morning to you

Ok I don't understand why this wasn't repaired under warranty originally as you have 3 full inclusive ford warranty until 2/1/2018

What reason was given to you originally as to them rejecting a standard warranty repair

if there was no ford gator avaiable seperatly (which I will double check with my parts department ) then the repair should have been a full shaft or intermediate shaft depending on avaiability

I have personally replaced 2 shafts on ranger for cv joint failures causing the boot to twist /distort

Which side failed ie: drivers side outer cv joint

Chrcking through the warranty history there hadn't even been a warranty session started on your vehicle so I find it strange that someone has tried to gain authority without straying what is known as an SBD(Etis ids ) session which is carried out on all warranty concerns

There has also been no GCR sent (Globsl Concern Report )

Was it ford customer relations centre you spoke to (CRC) as they can't give a reason such as the gaitor is not avaiable seperatly so we're not going to cover it

I can give you the number of CRC if you wish as they are really good with regards ***** ***** type of issues

I will look further into this issue for you Rod

as if this came into my dealership it would be repaired under warranty whatever was needed (it's not your fault the gaitor isn't avaiable seperatly ) I just find it strange that originally it hasn't been checked and then repaired

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you could give me the number that would be grate. No it was the warranty manager at Tarnock Garage.
The shaft is the one that runs from the transfer box to the front diff and it is the cv joint end.RegardsRod

Hi Rod good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

Again I cannot understand why originally they can state it's not warranty

If you contact ford CRC on 0845(###) ###-####

They are very helpful in cases like this and actually contact the dealer to quiery any issues

A small tip rod is to lay it on a bit thicker with them

Ie : you've lost faith in the ford brand /vehicle after spending a lot of money purchasing it to be told this part isn't warranty

every part of ford vehicles built after September 2014 is covered under the 3 year ,60,000 mile warranty etc this always helps to prompt quicker responses

Explain you were told it wasn't warranty and quote the dealer name etc

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Rod please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist and look further into the issue for you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

Any positive feedback/bonuses is kindly appreciated

Brian

Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for that. I am currently wait for CRC to call me backRegardsRod

Hi Rod good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

No worries hopefully ford CRC will get this issue sorted quickly for you

As they area usally prompt with issues like this

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian