Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Kuga 2WD 2010 reg. Engine Malfunction light on red with

Kuga 2WD 2010 reg. Engine Malfunction light on red with Stability control indicator Amber. Noticed high revs at junction when stopped clutch down but brake not engaged. Revs lowered if brake applied. Any idea what's causing this please?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonightOk the engine managment light and ESP light are illuminated due to an engine management faultThe reason the ESP light illuminates is due to the missing information it receives from the PCM (torque v demand )The main cause of this s commonly a turbo /boost concern weather it be a faulty sensor or more commonly a vacuum issue ie loose connection or chaffed vacuum hose causing air to be drew into the inlet side of the engine this would tie in with you pressing the brake as this world using a vacuum assisted servoI would visually check all the vacuum hoses firstly in and around the inlet manifold and vacuum diagram systemIdeally you should have a diagnostic fault code check done first to clarify the what exact code is logged as this gives a Stronger indication of which sub system the issue liesIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue /going forward please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Any positive feedback/bonuses is kindly appreciatedBrian