Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Mondeo 20010 Estate Where does the evaporator water drain

Mondeo 20010 Estate
Where does the evaporator water drain tube come out under the car.
Water in the drivers foot well.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 8 months ago.
Hi there good Morning To you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you todayOk the evaporator drain tube clips into the drivers lower side of the heater box and then clips to floor
The water comes out just above the sub frame /steering rack areaI have seen this detach from the heater box many times over the years causing water droplets to leak into the drivers footwellThe tube is of a corrugated plastic materialI have attached an image to show you locationIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue Please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback/bonuses is kindly appreciatedBrian
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I know where that is, is where it goes after the bottom elbow under the car?
I can not see because of the heat shield.

Hi there

Ok the heat shield needs to be dropped down onto the exhaust (not removed )

To gain access to the evap tube elbow exit point

I haven't seen any issues with the tubing in this area it's more common for detachment at the heater box or where it clips to floor exit piece

Is there water dripping out of underside when the air con is on for a short while at idle

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE