Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a ford focus diesel 54plate 1.8 cti? She runs but

I have a ford focus diesel 54plate 1.8 cti ? She runs but when I hit 70ish the heater plug lights come on and she goes into limp mode , engine management light then comes on. Do you know what this can be as I have heard from avfew different mechanics and all say something different. One says it is the injectors, another says it the fuel sensor and another says it definitely the fuel pump ???
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 11 months ago.
Hi there good morning To you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist/ offer you advice you to todayOk have you had a diagnostic fault code check carried out as of yet and if so do you know what code was being logged in the PCMDoes this happen under hard accelerationKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I cant find out the code report as it was done a while ago and cant get hold of the guy that don't it . If I remember rightly it was saying a fuel deficiency of some sort . Yes it would happen during hard acceleration.

Hi there thanks

Ok the most common concern is a fuel metering concern

Basically if the PCM detects the fuel pressure + or - 50bar of the desired pressure then it takes the vehicle into limp home mode (glow plug light flashing )

The common code is p0251 fuel metering A

The first thing that should be suspected with this type of issue is a partially blocked fuel filter

This causes a sudden fuel pressure drop under harder acceleration

The fuel filter should be replaced every 37,500 miles or 3 years

If the filter has been replaced it can be ruled out

Next you would need to have the injectors tested for excessive fuel leak off (caused by worn injectors )

The issue won't be the high pressure fuel pump

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue going forward Please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Any positive feedback/bonuses is kindly appreciated

Brian