Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Focus Tdci 2005 Estate key fob remote will disable alarm but

Focus Tdci 2005 Estate key fob remote will disable alarm but not unlock doors but the fuel cap filler door unlocks! .
Inside the car the outside temperature gauge reads ------ the engine will start and run if you operate indicators they will work out side but the dash board repeat will not ?.
If you also operate the Hazard indicators they work outside but no indication in the car ?.
And the piece de resistance this evening the car had to be unlocked with the Key, started fine But the dash board Handbrake light was on continually + the yellow engine diagnostic on continually.
When I got home I had too lock the drivers side door with the Key and try and arm the alarm with the Key fob ?
Regards. Richard c
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 11 months ago.
Hi there Richard good morning To you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist/ offer you advice you to todayDo you still require assistance
With this issueKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do need assistance because I cannot narrow down what is causing the above described problems . The key fobs have new batteries I have been to the car just now 03_08_16 17.03 hrs after it has been sitting on the drive way all day and not being used and the key fob released the doors as normal and locked as normal but if I use the car now or later it will be fine and it will refuse to lock and unlock properly.Richard .��
Hi Richard good afternoon to youOk the first thing to check and most common cause is a loose multiplug at the fuse box /GEM module
There is a fuse box /gem module located in the passengers footwell under the glove box
Can you have a look at the two thin multiplug on The bottom of the fuse box
ensure they are clipped right home as I have had issues over the years where by one of these plugs is just not fully home and was causing similar electrical issues with the vehicle
There is a green and a brown plug ensure these are right home incase this is caused by a loose connection at the Multiplug
From memory it's the green multiplug that causes this issue
Clip this plug fully home and this will resolve your issueIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue Richard please let me know
If you are completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any postive feedback /bonuses are kindly appreciatedBrian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Afternoon Brian. I have checked the plugs indicated in the above reply and removed and replaced them , as they have a roll over latch I had to disengage and re engage . I will only be able to tell if this has been effective by trying to unlock the car later this evening or if I get the indicators not showing on the dashboard and the hand break light / Diagnostic light onRichard
Hi RichardThese plugs being incorrectly fitted (knocked loose ) would cause all your symptomsKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I shall be using the car this evening and maybe tomorrow the above mentioned may or may not present it's self .I will get back to you .R
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have used the car this evening and all seems to be fine I will give it till Saturday as other people will be using the car till then and it will give it time to settle down .