Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Mondeo ghia 03 Diesel cuts out when you accelerate sharply

mondeo ghia 03 Diesel cuts out when you accelerate sharply starts as soon as you turn ignition one suggestion i had was a relay
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 11 months ago.

Hi there good morning To you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist/ offer you advice you to today

Ok does the flow plug light flash at all when this fault occurs

Has a diagnostic fault code check been carried out as of yet

Kindest regards

brian

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have had the glow plug warning light once or twice in the last two weeks but not seen it when the fault occurs although at the time im trying to get out of trouble.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
had a fault check done 10 days ago but could not find the fault garage said it might be ?plugs

Hi there thanks

Ok it's common for the glow plug light to flash when a cutting out concern occurs which I suspect is the case here

As your concern happens more on hard acceleration /power demand this would in are a fuel metering concern (this is the most common issue we see )

If the PCM detects a difference in the fuel pressure + or - 50 bar of the desired value thus causes a cutting out /limp home mode

The most common causes of a fuel pressure drop on the tdci varirntbus either a blocked fuel filter or worn injectors which leak back too much fuel

In this case the fuel filter should be replaced first (due every 37.500 miles or 3 year )

If the fault persists the injector leak offs should be tested

Mother concerns in early Mondeo was the camshaft sensor (this caused a lot of cutting out concerns on 52-54 plate 2.0 tdci Mondeos

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you were satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

Any positive feedback / bonuses are kindly appreciated

Brian