Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I;ve just bought a 2004 Ford Fiesta, Semi-Auto (I believe

I;ve just bought a 2004 Ford Fiesta, Semi-Auto (I believe it's a Durashift).
I was expecting it to creep forward with the footbrake released like the fully automatic that I was learning in, however it doesn't. Is this right?
Hi there good evening To you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist/ offer you advice you to tonightDo you you still require assistance with this issueKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Yes I do. Can you please advise if my car should creep when in drive or reverse and the foorbrake is released?

Hi there good morning to you and sorry for delayed response we've been having some Site connection issues

Ok the ASM (auto shift manual ) durashift gearbox will not creep forward or back when the brake is released

The ASM Varient is not an automatic gearbox like the conventional fully auto boxes

This gearbox is a normal ib5 (5 speed fully manual gearbox )

The only difference is the gear selection and clutch actuatoon is controlled electronically

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you were satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Any positive feedback / bonuses are kindly appreciated

Brian