Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Should the engine coolant light (blue) be permanently on on

Hi, Should the engine coolant light (blue) be permanently on on my dashboard?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there , good evening To you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist/ offer you advice you to tonightOk do you have an image of the light or a description of the image
What year and engine size of fiesta do you haveIs this intermitent is the temp gauge in the red or engine overheatingKindest regards
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car is a Ford Fiesta 2015 model. The light looks like a temperature gauge and it is blue. I have never noticed it before but it may well be that it is always on as I have just got the car! It is not blinking and it is blue constantly. I have to drive to the airport tomorrow (typical!) and am worried that there is something wrong!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks a little like this

Hi there thanks

Ok this light should not be illuminated untill there is an issue within the coolant system

This may be a issue with the software in the cluster as this isn't an issue I have came across on the 2015 fiesta

I would advise to have this checked but the vehicle will be fine to drive in the meantime as long as the gaudier is operating correctly

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - can I just ask what a gaudier is?

Sorry that should have read gauge

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian