Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a transit 2009 T350 when you turn the key once the

Customer Question

Hi I have a transit 2009 T350 when you turn the key once the millage goes and the word factor comes up some times hard to start sometimes starts no problem
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi does anyone know anything about this ??
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi no I have not be able to get help on this as of yet still waiting thanks
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

the 'factor' message I think is a partial message for 'Factory reset'

and refers to a loss of battery power to the body control module

I'd suggest getting a dealer level scan tool plugged in so the monitoring functionality between modules can be tested as if you have a loss of comms then the security system will prevent an engine start

sorry its not a more DIY answer but this is often the case with security systems

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you