Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Sorry if stupid question but am desperate to find a

Customer Question

Hi. Sorry if stupid question but am desperate to find a replacement - Will the rear bumper of a Mk 2 Ford Sierra estate fit my Mk 2 Sierra hatchback please? Thanks Helen
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 10 months ago.

Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response ,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonight

Ok from memory these bumpers are a different shape due to the estate body shape

If you can leave this with me I can clarify this using my ford parts system

However it will be tommorow morning due to the system being down for mantanence

Would this be ok for you

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Brian, that will be fine. My bumper is in good condition externally but the inner passenger side has rotted/ deteriorated ( over the exhaust) away so there is nothing to fix it to the body work - the bracket, nut and bolt are all there... Just wondered whether any other Sierra model's bumper would fit mine! MoT due in 2 weeks aghhh ..

Hi there no worries

I will double check this tommorow and post back to you

Kindest regards ***** ***** a nice evening

Brian

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Good evening Brian,
I wondered whether you've had chance to look into whether there were any alternative Sierra models whose rear bumpers would fit my Mk 2 - 1.8L 5 door hatchback please? So that I might widen my enquiries for a replacement.
Thank you, Helen

Hi Helen good afternoon to you and Iam very sorry for the delayed response I ended up at hostipal yesterday to un foreseen family issues

I have looked further into your bumper issue and the estate and hatchback Sierra rear bumpers are unfortunately completely different parts

I have also has a look online and around for you with no avail

These seem to be obsilite parts now

I can try and get you the exact ford part number and price for your vehicle if you wish

Kindest regards ***** ***** Helen

Brian

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Brian,
I'm so sorry to hear of your family emergency and really appreciate you taking the time out to update me when you have other worries - Family must always come first, no question, and your apology obviously reflects that you are one of the 'good guys'.My query about a bumper seems of little importance in comparison, so bless you for offering to ID the part no and possible price / supplier. My garage rang a couple of Ford places last week when the problem started but no one had one tucked away on dusty shelf.. I have seen a company on line (in Germany I think) who do Ford parts - they seem to be offering two choices for the Mk2: one presumably genuine for 380 euros + vat and one a "replica" at 140 odd euros + vat. I think they are called 'Motomobil' GmbH. Could you have quick look and see what you think please?As I said, you have been very kind and helpful - If you are able to tell me what you think or know about this on line place, I would be very grateful, other than that please be assured I recognise you have done everything you can do to help and will bother you no more; I will just see if I can get the existing bumper repaired on the inside where it should meet and fix to the bracket on the car.Don't know if I can but will try to attach a pic of my trusty "red roller-skate" Who has never let me down, used daily and with 264,000 on the clock, served me so well for 22 of her 27 years... Just so you can see why I want to keep her going...��Apologies for replying so late - it was a 'long' day today.With very best wishes and kind regards,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dear *****,
I'm off now, thank you -Just to let you know - have ordered nowThank you again for your help and advice.
With very best wishes to you and yours, Helen