Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Sorry if stupid question but am desperate to find a

Customer Question

Hi. Sorry if stupid question but am desperate to find a replacement - Will the rear bumper of a Mk 2 Ford Sierra estate fit my Mk 2 Sierra hatchback please? Thanks Helen
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.

Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response ,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonight

Ok from memory these bumpers are a different shape due to the estate body shape

If you can leave this with me I can clarify this using my ford parts system

However it will be tommorow morning due to the system being down for mantanence

Would this be ok for you

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Brian, that will be fine. My bumper is in good condition externally but the inner passenger side has rotted/ deteriorated ( over the exhaust) away so there is nothing to fix it to the body work - the bracket, nut and bolt are all there... Just wondered whether any other Sierra model's bumper would fit mine! MoT due in 2 weeks aghhh ..

Hi there no worries

I will double check this tommorow and post back to you

Kindest regards ***** ***** a nice evening

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good evening Brian,
I wondered whether you've had chance to look into whether there were any alternative Sierra models whose rear bumpers would fit my Mk 2 - 1.8L 5 door hatchback please? So that I might widen my enquiries for a replacement.
Thank you, Helen

Hi Helen good afternoon to you and Iam very sorry for the delayed response I ended up at hostipal yesterday to un foreseen family issues

I have looked further into your bumper issue and the estate and hatchback Sierra rear bumpers are unfortunately completely different parts

I have also has a look online and around for you with no avail

These seem to be obsilite parts now

I can try and get you the exact ford part number and price for your vehicle if you wish

Kindest regards ***** ***** Helen

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian,
I'm so sorry to hear of your family emergency and really appreciate you taking the time out to update me when you have other worries - Family must always come first, no question, and your apology obviously reflects that you are one of the 'good guys'.My query about a bumper seems of little importance in comparison, so bless you for offering to ID the part no and possible price / supplier. My garage rang a couple of Ford places last week when the problem started but no one had one tucked away on dusty shelf.. I have seen a company on line (in Germany I think) who do Ford parts - they seem to be offering two choices for the Mk2: one presumably genuine for 380 euros + vat and one a "replica" at 140 odd euros + vat. I think they are called 'Motomobil' GmbH. Could you have quick look and see what you think please?As I said, you have been very kind and helpful - If you are able to tell me what you think or know about this on line place, I would be very grateful, other than that please be assured I recognise you have done everything you can do to help and will bother you no more; I will just see if I can get the existing bumper repaired on the inside where it should meet and fix to the bracket on the car.Don't know if I can but will try to attach a pic of my trusty "red roller-skate" Who has never let me down, used daily and with 264,000 on the clock, served me so well for 22 of her 27 years... Just so you can see why I want to keep her going...��Apologies for replying so late - it was a 'long' day today.With very best wishes and kind regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,
I'm off now, thank you -Just to let you know - have ordered nowThank you again for your help and advice.
With very best wishes to you and yours, Helen