Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I've got a Ford transit welfare van it's a 57plate and the

I've got a Ford transit welfare van it's a 57plate and the radio is displaying 'LOCKED' I'm wondering if you can help please???
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 4 months ago.

Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response ,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

Ok what has caused this locked issue (has the wrong code been entered too many times )

Do you have a code for the radio and if so what code do you have

In order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unit

Most audio unit have a serial number self read function but into the unit

If you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number
The serial number will look like this - example
V015638

If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediately

If the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit needs to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from

This will let me clarify the correct code before continuing

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Brian, I got V081266 if that's what your looking for

Hi there thanks

Ok the correct code for your audio unit is 0288

If the unit is displaying locked you may be able to have one last chance to enter the correct code

if you press and hold button 6 on its own it should give you one last code attempt

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a day

Brian

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for the code Brian, I've held 6 for a long time and it's not giving me the option to input the code

Hi there

Ok depending on the build date and exact unit this option may have been removed

The cause of the locked issue is someone putting the wrong code on 10 times

You can try dissconnecting tjr battery for 5-10 minutes to try reset the unit but this rarely works

If this and the button 6 method is unsuccessful then the audio unit must be taken or sent to an audio specialist who needs to unlock the unit using audio unlocking diagnostic software /equipment

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a day

Brian

Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE