Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My radio has no power to it in my ford galaxy 2010 i have

My radio has no power to it in my ford galaxy 2010 i have checked cfb 15 amp fuse and it is good can anyone advise please
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 4 months ago.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response ,
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you todayWhat type of audio unit do you have ie : sat nav 5 or 7 inch
Or standard audio system
Do you have your registration number there so i
can look through the wiring diagram
What fuse. Number did you checkKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Brian, sorry i have not been back in touch with you so far. Answers to your questions areSat nav 5 and i checked fuse f21 in the central fuse board for audio and voice control and that was ok. I have removed the system and also checked 15 amp fuse behind the power source plug and that it also ok.
Reg number for ford galaxy is EJ10 WCWLooking forward to your replyBrian
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 months ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed responseOk if fuse 6 is ok and the fuse at the rear of the audio unit are ok and have 12 volts to them both with ignition on then you are looking at an internal RAM failure of the sat nav unitThis is a fault that we came across commonly a few years ago
Where by the unit would intermitently not switch on after a period of being offBosch were replacing certain units (within build period ) free of charge but this ended in December 2015Unfortunately if all fuses are ok it's an internal RAM fault (processor fault ) thus meaning the unit needs to be replaced or repaired (by an audio specilist )7
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Any positive feedback / bonuses are kindly appreciatedBrian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE