Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

09 Ford Fusion 1.4 Diesel 40,000 I have had problems with

Customer Question

09 Ford Fusion 1.4 Diesel 40,000
I have had problems with cutting out but was told by my local garage to put in an additive and give some mileage revving about 3 - 4 000 This seemed to have made a big improvement but now on starting it is lumpy as on 3 cyl on startin but clears at about 12-1400 but improvs went getting hot NO problems show up on the garage laptop. Have you any ideas
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 12 months ago.

I'd 1st consider

consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

If both of these are OK then also check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

Expert:  Matt replied 12 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you