Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford transit 6 2.4 tdi 90 ps D2FA,D2FB AND HEFA after

ford transit mark 6 2.4 tdi 90 ps D2FA,D2FB AND HEFA after changing water pump,thermostatand radiator the temperature will stay at normal temperature which dead in the centre of gauge dial but driving the the gauge goes minus downcant understand what going on any ideas please
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 9 months ago.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response ,
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you todayOk does the temp gauge go fraud usally down or does it just drop to zero
Does the glow plug light flash when this happensKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Brian Thank you for your reply much appreciated. the temp gauge goes fraud to zero but it will come up to quarter and than it will go up slowly but sometimes goes down and it will stay down even though the engine is hot I don't know if there is an air lock and ain't got bleeding nipples or screws and sorry for coming late in replying please reply I'm waitin thanks Ash
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Brian where are you calling from or where are you based
Hi there ash , good evening to you
I would suspect an issue with the CHT sensor
This sensor causes all sort of issues on the earlier 2.4 Varients
This sensor is located at the very rear of the cylinder head at the bulkhead and is a crush fit sensor which can only be used once
Air kicks are rare on these vehicles and if all pipes etc are hot and the cooling system is operating correctly then I would suspect a CHT sensor issueKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry Brian you asked about glow plug light flashing No it's not flashing
Hi there the glow plug light would flash if the circuit went short circuit but if the sensor isn't operating as it should it will only impact the gaugeRegards brian
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks a lot Brian tomorrow first thing going to drive to Ford Dealer and collect the CHT sensor and i just hope you have nailed my problem and I shall be online to you as soon as I have fitted the temp sensor kind regards Ash
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Brian I went to Ford dealer to get CHT sensor. The guy looked on his system and he could not find CHT sensor or a temp sensor on his computer so he has asked me to remove it and take it so he can read the part number of it. i have been busy searching for temp sensor. Do you think any loose connection some where
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Brian found a parts shop described the part.He asked me what was the problem and I told him the temperature gauge while idling for a while reached normal temp and driving along the temp gauge went to minus and to zero so I have found the part coming on Monday 3 oct 2016 will inform you once fitted Thanks kind regards Ash

Hi there Ash , good morning to you and Iam very sorry for the delayed response I have been away over the past few days

I look forward to your reply

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian