Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

2010 Mondeo estate. Rear nearside door lock troublesome.

Customer Question

2010 Mondeo estate. Rear nearside door lock troublesome. When I bought it two years ago the door wouldn't lock. Eventually got a Ford dealer to mend it, but now it won't always unlock - sometimes from the inside, and sometimes from the outside as well. Already spent loads of money, and was thinking of just living with it but realise how dangerous it could be, especially if the problem spreads to the other doors. Gather from the web this is not an uncommon problem. The Ford dealers I took it to are rubbish and I'm having an argument with them about a number of things so need to take it somewhere else.
Any clues as to how to cure it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 10 months ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response ,
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonightOk this is an issue we see quote commonly with mk4 Mondeo rear doors
The issue is caused by an internal fault within the door latch mechsnisimTo resolve the issue you need to have a passengers rear new door latch
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue going forward please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Any positive feedback are kindly appreciated
Brian
Hi there good evening to youHow did you get on with the rear door issue we discussedKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 8 months ago.

Hi there good morning to you

How did you get on with our locking issues

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian