Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My ford focus estate 1900c1999 plate broke down the steering

Customer Question

My ford focus estate 1900c1999 plate broke down the steering went stiff and temperature gauge went into red also yellow warning lightcame on and battery light and just went dead is it seroius i had to push it to side of the road
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 19 days ago.

Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response ,
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

Do you still require assistance with this issue

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
a bit of information what to doabout my car
Hi thanksOk does the vehicles engine turn over when you turn the key
Or do you have no electrical power at allIs this a petrol or diesel as it states 1900ccKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no electric power
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
petrol
Hi there thanks and sorry for the delay Iam having connection issues todayOk if the vehicle has lost sll electrical power and cut out when driving then the fault is caused by a faulty alternator
This constantly charges the battery when the engine is running
When this fails the battery doesn't receive any charge and the vehicle then uses what is left in the battery before the voltage drops do low below 8 volts that the electrics in the vehicle shut downTo resolve this issue you will need to have the alternator replaced
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue going forward please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback are kindly appreciated
Brian
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 11 days ago.

Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

How did you get on with our electrical issue

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian