Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Sat nav touchscreen locked when I changed battery,have thte

Customer Question

sat nav touchscreen locked when I changed battery,have thte serial numbers from side of unit,can you help?
Assistant: I'm trying to find the right Ford Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: ok Pearl thanks
Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: it was shortly after I bought the car and I have no paperwork showing the code so I have not used radio for 3 weeks now.
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2010 mondeo titanium x sport 2ltr ecoboost
Assistant: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only to remove unit from dash to get model number etc.fixed it back and now hoping for help
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about it thanks Pearl
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If it helps the long number is:C7E3F0630A7722541 and below that(###) ###-####
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 13 days ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you with your concernIs this the 7 inch touchscreen unitKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Brian,yes it is
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
happy to continue online thanks
Hi thanksOk there is two methods to generate sat nav codes
Can you try the code 0477 firstly and let me know if this is successfulKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks I will pop out to the car and try it
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sadly it did not work
Hi there no worriesOk I I will need to email Bosch directly tomorrow morning in order to generate your codeDo you have your registration number there and also the country at the unit was built inKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Reg No: EN10JDU. Unit made in Portugal.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Look forward to hearing from you tomorrow Brian.Thanks and goodbye for now.Ken.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Brian,have found the code elsewhere and it works so thanks for your help anyway