Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a ford galaxy titanium 61 plate with a Sony audio

I have a ford galaxy titanium 61 plate with a Sony audio system. Everything works apart from the CD player which says reading then ejects the cd saying check cd. I have tried several so know it is the unit not the cds. Is there a quick fix on this? Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 months ago.

Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonight

ok unfortunately this is an internal unit malfunction and would require the unit to be replaced to resolve this concern

You can pick these units up for around £50-£60 on sites like Ebay there is plenty of them for sale

And it would cost you more to get the unit reconditioned by a specialist

If you need further help or technical assistance

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as this helps to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Brian
Thank you for the response this is what I assumed. Very annoying as we only purchased the car Saturday! Based on this though I will be going back to them to arrange for this to be repaired/ replaced. Could you possibly advise what the labour time/cost would be to replace the unit as well please? Thanks for your assistance.

Hi there

Ok to replace the audio unit takes around 10minutes

If you have just purchased the vehicle the place of purchase should replace the unit to resolve the issue

As I mentioned it might be cheaper for them to buy a 2nd unit online than fix the cd fault

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian