Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I can not open bonnet in my ford focus titanium. Has been

Hi, I can not open bonnet in my ford focus titanium. Has been working properly but something happened and key is moving but not realising. I have to spend ages to try and not always lucky. Need to fix it- checks for all ...Any advise? I am from Slough looking for someone or ford service reliable.
Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No,it works on anything else properly. The problem started when I have dropped car to fix slight leak from petrol pomp.What happened in the garage? can not say
Assistant: What year is your Focus?
Customer: 06 plate
Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just had service recently done by mechanic nothing else, except this leak done by garage where I bought it, using the warranty
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: well, I am looking for someone who knows what is doing and not going to damage more. mechanic which I can trust just on holiday
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 months ago.

Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonight

Ok your issue lies with a worn bonnet release cable /mechanism

To resolve your issue you need to have a new bonnet lock build up kit fitted (this needs to be built to match the key )

If you cannot open the bonnet in order to do this repair then you need to remove the bonnet latch away from the bonnet lock cable from underneath the vehicle

You need to drop the radiator /assembly downward to gain access to the 2x 10 mm bolts which secures the bonnet latch to the front panel (there is then a small white cross clip that is part of the bonnet lock /cable assembly) that joins the latch to the lock

If you ever need any future help or technical assistance

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are were satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as this is how iam

Accredited for my advice/time and helps to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice Evening

positive feedback is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Brian, thank you. You have just confirmed what I have been told. This what I am looking for is to arrange some one near me to have done. I don't know where you are based. But any link near Slough would be appreciated.

Hi there no worries

Unfortunately Iam in the very north of uk

You are better to purchase The kit from ford as I don't think there is an aftermarket lock kit for the focus

The kit however comes in several parts and needs to be built to suit the cut of the key

Most ford dealer parts departments will build the lock kit to suit your key if you give them the key and then you will need to have someone to instal it to the vehicle

The dealer closest to slough is

SMC Ford

*****

Slough

SL1 3XW

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian