jeep10000
jeep10000,
Experience:  dasdasd
12365498

The other day my car would not start. I used jump leads and

Customer Question

The other day my car would not start. I used jump leads and managed to get it home and it cut out again as I got home. I tried to charge the battery that didn't work so I got another one and replaced the battery. The car started fine and I was driving around all day.
The next day my car would not start again. All electrics are coming on however when I turn the key it's just ticking over. I've tested the battery voltage only with the car being off (as I can't start it) and it was 12.37
I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what it could be. Is it the Alternator?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a Ford Ka 59 plate
Expert:  jeep10000 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome to just answer. Sounds like the charging system is weak, and it could very well be the alternator. Get a battery charger and charge the battery for a few hours. See if it will then start. If so, get the vehicle to a garage and ask them to perform a charging system test. It should charge at around 13.8 to 14.2 volts, and produce around 100 amps or so of current. If it does not, then replace the alternator.

I hope this helps!

Cheers

Chris