Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have just bought a galaxy 60 reg with a built in sat nav

Hi I have just bought a galaxy 60 reg with a built in sat nav and Bluetooth with touch screen. I am trying to put my phone onto the system but when I press select active phone it states there is no response from phone unit. I then press select active bt device and it tells me to Devine another phone first. I then press deboned by device and it says the same.Basically I can't see where to deboned all the other phones and set mine up. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I also try to debond it tells me to go to the radio menu and do it from there... no I've tried the menu button and tried the radio button but still no joy? Do you think there is a software problem??
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 month ago.

Hi there , good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

Ok this is commonly down to a software issue within the audio unit

I would try resetting the system firstly by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes

Then reconnecting (you will need the radio code if you do this ) as the unit will ask for the 4 digit code once repowered

This resets the hardware of the modules and commonly resolves most concerns like this

If the fault persists then you would need to have done software updates done by your local ford dealer but hard resets commonly resolve these issues

I can assist you with the radio code but I need the information from the side of the unit

If you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as is how iam

Accredited for my advice and to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice Day

positive feedback is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi there thanks for getting back to me. When you say you can assist with the radio code off the side of the unit do you mean I have to pull out the radio?

Hi there , yes

if you don't have the code in the service pack or audio book then I would need the information from the side of the audio unit as there is a few different ways to generate the code depending on country of build and part numbers /serial numbers

You will need 4 special thin radio pins to pop the unit outward

Kindest regards ***** ***** brian

Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 29 days ago.

Hi there good evening to you

How did you get on with ther information needed for code

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi there thanks for the advice. We took it to the ford garage and they said that the Bluetooth module is broken. I’m wondering whether this is something that we could change ourselves or does it need someone in the know to do as we aren’t totally tech savvy
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 27 days ago.

Hi there good morning to you

Ok yes this is something you can replace yourself as it doesn't really need to be programmed

It's located above the glove box and is secured by one 25 torx screw

You need to remove a few trims and the glove box in Order to access this Bluetooth module

I assume the Bluetooth doesn't operate (what happens when you press the voice button )

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi there this sounds complicated taking all this apart. The voice works as in it will allow you to turn up heaters etc but that’s it

Hi there comonly if the voice control works the module is ok

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5-10 mins to reset Bluetooth system

You will need radio code when you do this

I would try this before continuing

If the phone still won't operate then yes I would replace the Bluetooth module

A second hand module can be fitted also (needs to be same part number )

Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi there Ford reset it all and it still didn’t work. Is there anywhere you could recommend/ rough guide on price to get this fixed as cheap as possible? And how much parts would be.Thanks

Hi there

Ok you can pick 2nd modules up online for around £60 from places like Ebay etc must be the same part number

A new one is around £190 from ford (I can Check exact price /part number if you give me the registration number)

I can also give you assistance in fitting the module as removing the glovebox /trims isn't a massive job if you were comfy doing it

Any garage will be able to replace the module as they don't really need programmed

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian