Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Flat battery focus st 2008. Cannot get the doors open even

flat battery focus st 2008. Cannot get the doors open even with the metal key. There is power in the battery as we have jump leads on and could get in the engine bay. New battery in the key fob. Stuck.
Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?
Customer: Sorry? On the battery you mean?
Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus ST yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: got under the bonnet with the metal spare key from the fob. This enabled access to the battery to get jump leads on. The remote will not open the car doors even with the jump leads on and a new battery in the fob. Spare metal key in the back goes in the lock but will not turn for some reason and unlock the door. We cannot get in!
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

try charging the battery up for an hour or so as the 1st step

and also check the state of the major fuses (25A +) in the engine bay fusebox

also check that the main battery connections are bright and clean and on tight

It would also be worth disconnecting the battery for 10 mins once its charged up to reset everyhting

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks. We decided to get a charger on the battery but will follow the rest of the advice as well.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

no problem

let me know how you get on

just get back to me on this post

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Matt. Its going now after the disconnection. Alarm went off and continued even after the battery was disconnected but shutting the bonnet and operating the key fob with the battery on again was successful. I gave u 5 stars.