Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

2006 2.0 ltr auto focus went in to limp home mode. obd code

Customer Question

2006 2.0 ltr auto focus went in to limp home mode. obd code 2011 changed throttle body and throttle pedal assy .cleared faults, still have same problem. have checked wires to throttle body and pedal.Mechanic of 40 years were do I go from here?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 month ago.

Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you Tonight

ok is the only fault code being logged in pcm p2011

Is this a hard fault

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Brian
That is the only fault ( note on obd in throttle forced or words to that effect) not to sure about hard fault
Rob

Hi Rob thanks

Ok the fault code you have of P2011 indicates Intake Manifold runner control circuit open

Most commonly On the 1.8 duratec H-E engine this fault is caused by the intake manifold runner control vacuum solenoid

The IMRC vacuum solenoid valve is located together with the IMT solenoid valve on the cylinder head towards the transmission. Vacuum is supplied by a central vacuum connection on the intake manifold. The IMT solenoid is supplied with either the maximum voltage or zero voltage, i.e. the valves are either fully open or fully closed. Actuation depends on the engine speed and the engine load.

In my experience this is where the fault will lie

If you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward Rob

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as is how iam

Accredited for my advice and to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice Evening

Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help I will look in to this tomorrowRegardsRob

Hi Rob no worries

If you need any further advice going forward please let me know and i will do my upmost to assist you

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

Brian

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Brian
I have tested the IMCR vacuum solenoids, both have 13v feeds. With engine running the one further to the back of the engine slows idle slightly but the front one makes no change to idle speed. Long shot could this be cause of problem have got another OBD code 2110Kind regardsRob
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Brian.Have spent weekend checking focus. fitted new IMRC vacuum solenoid. removed and cleaned EGR valve all seem good. but still goes in to limp home mode. showing OBD2001 . have you any more advice for me.Kind regardsRob
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also when it starts it revs at 2500 rpm then comes down to 1100 rpm after about 5 seconds.
Cheers Brian.