Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 1986 ford fiesta xr2 mk2 with a ignition module on

Customer Question

good afternoon I have a 1986 ford fiesta xr2 mk2 with a ignition module on the bulkhead plus a ignition amp according to a manual the post 1986 model dose not have this ignition module can I get around this module
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

its quite normal to have a amplifier separate to the switching module for this era

the amp will be fed with a 12V high power wire and the supply switched on and off by the module to give the spark

the module is switched by the trigger insider the distributor?

does the system not work?

can you take you pictures of it all (especially what wire goes where) and post it up with the paperclip icon

Expert:  Matt replied 25 days ago.

Hi do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you