Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Got an airlock on a ford Mondeo 1.8 diesel edge fuel filter

Customer Question

Got an airlock on a ford Mondeo 1.8 diesel edge fuel filter has been changed and how do I get the airlocks out what is the best tool to use.
Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford Mondeo. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 month ago.

Hi there good evening To you and sorry for the delay I couldnt access your question

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonight

Ok basically the system has ran dry and is now full of air

The only way to resolve this is To prime the fuel system when fitting new fuel filters the fuel system needs to be primed using a one way hand primer (bulb) with hoses attached in each side

One end connects to the outlet port of the fuel filter housing and the other end into a container/ bottle

The hand primer must be pumped until the filter is completely full of diesel then the pipe can be reconnected and the engine started

In most cases the engine will start and run but in some cases the engine will again cut out

In these cases we leave the hand primer connected between the fuel filter and fuel supply pipe to the pump and continue to pump it until engine starts and leave the primer connected inline and leave idling for a minute or two then quickly dissconnect the hand primer and connect the fuel pipes to the fuel filter

These engines will not start with continued cranking as there is no lift pump in the fuel tank to deliver fuel to the fuel pump /engine

If you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as is how iam

Accredited for my advice and to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice Evening

Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian