Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Are you available to answer a question_ Assistant: No. I'm

Customer Question

hi, are you available to answer a question_
Assistant: No. I'm the Ford Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: is there a way to get a question answered?
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Fiesta 2009
Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have not tried anything yet, but its saturday night and nothing is open. The cooling fan will not go off, and the car is turned off...im afraid it will run down the battery
Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: no, dont have a voltmeter
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: its been a problem before, but its gone off after a few minutes on its own...now its lasted over ten minutes... and i know the engine is not too hot
Category: Ford
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 23 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the cooling fan relay stuck on needing replaced.The other issue is if the temp gauge is showing hot with the key on or temp light is on this can indicate the coolant temp sensor is faulty needing replaced.These components need to be checked to locate which is the cause then repaired from there.In some cases a faulty engine computer will also cause this fault with it needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete