29905560

I joined a holiday company with my husband in 2006 in Tenerife

Customer Question

I joined a holiday company with my husband in 2006 in Tenerife and we paid a lot of money to them. The company has now gone into liquidation and a company called Blue Flag Solutions have rung me out of the blue and stated that they can get this money back for us. They of course want a fee for doing this.

I would like to know whether you could help me to get my money back, or would it be useless to try. We were touted on the street and we paid an initial deposit by credit card. The balance was paid in a lump sum and we took out a loan to pay for the rest. We never really used the holiday company as my husband became ill with dementia and is now in a care home.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Hello and thank you for your question, which I will be happy to assist you with. Please let me know if the holiday company was Spanish?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The company was called Club Class Holidays which I think is based in Marbella, but they do have an office in Manchester. We paid the money to Great British Marketing to an address in Spain.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already replied to this question

If they have gone into liquidation then your chances of getting anything back are extremely slim. The whole reason they are in liquidation is because their debts are much higher than their assets and the company is no longer able to trade. Therefore once a company goes insolvency there is rarely anything left to be distributed to its creditors and in any event you will rank quite lowly as you would be an unsecured creditor.

Do not get involved with Blue Flag Solutions either - they have been reported as being a scam before and anyone offering you to get you money back for a timeshare and ask for money in advance will not be genuine.
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You have confirmed my suspicions about Blue Flag Solutions. These companies just take your money and then say how sorry they were that they could not help you!

I think I will just have to put the whole Club Class business down to experience and never do anything like that again. It sounds so good when you are out in the sun and have maybe had a few beers! The holiday companies play on your innocence. They must have made millions of pounds!

Anyway thankyou for your advice.

I am afraid hundreds of unsuspecting people like you have lost a lot of money in the timeshare business and that industry is riddled with scams these days. It is indeed very rare for any losses to be recouped and that is the unfortunate reality