Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx Account Name asking to send H

xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx  Account Name asking to send my Money Hansa Ltd. Company  Out of Taipei, George Tse President / CEO a legitament Company ? 

[email protected]
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.

Hello Jacustomer,

No, I do not think it is going to be a legitimate company. According to its website WHOIS information xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx is only 4 months old! Furthermore, though it claims to be based in Taipei, the IP of the site itself traces to Texas in the US. This latter fact is irregular and is a difference that cannot be reconciled by the registrant information. That's because this company has opted to keep its registration information private -- always a bad sign.

These are some hallmarks of the boiler room investment fraud. That's when you get a cold call from a so-called investment company, invariably from a country other than your own, that offers you a supposedly very lucrative but very time sensitive investment opportunity. In the most common scenario, if you comply, if you get anything at all, it will prove to be worthless and your "broker" will run off with your money and disappear into thin air.

International investing is a highly regulated industry. In order to trade lawfully, a company or a broker must be first registered with its home country's securities and Exchange commission and must then be authorized by the SEC in each country it does business. Legitimate financial firms do not cold-call outside of their own country.

The China Securities Regulatory Commission has a searchable online data base. It is in Chinese, unfortunately, but can be navigated with Google chrome which translates it. THere is no listing for an investment firm named xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx in China.

Dealing with a company and/or a broker who is operating outside of the law in the first place will take you outside of the protection of your regulatory authority and beyond the reach of your country's law as well. The company has no lawful authority to trade in your country or, for that matter, anywhere else on earth. It likely doesn't even really exist.

The US Securities and Exchange Commission publishes this guide to help a consumer identify a boiler room fraud. (See link) So does the FSA (see link)

For all of the above reasons I would not invest with this company. If you have already done so, you may be the victim of a crime. If that turns out to be so, the only chance you have, of getting your money back is if law enforcement can find these folks and bring them to justice. You would need to report the crime to your local and national police and to your country's securities and exchange commission so that they can put out an investors alert and warn others in the international investment community.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They Send a nice Glossy boshure and are all British sounding the post servise is out of Sweden Box p.o XXXX se-XXX XX Xxxxx Sweden with a Market Overview 3rd Quater 2012 & account opening form.

www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx

Please re-conferm possibuly Frad

I have not sent any money yet but they have 2,500 shares in Nokia at 3.49 for me. Senior Investment Advisor Paul Slater/ Allocation officer Craig Xxxxxxxx # XXXXX is XXX-X-XXXX-XXXX Commision at 1%

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.
Hello Larry.

I am sorry for the delay but I have had company over and have not been in front of the computer.

Anyone can create a brochure. The people who engage in boiler room investment frauds are very sophisticated thieves. They know how to sound sincere and convincing. But so what? They are still not trading lawfully, not in your country or anywhere else either.