Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is Walmarte investment company a scam ?

Customer Question

Is Walmarte investment company a scam ?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.
Hello Jacustomer,

I do not see any listing for a Walmarte Investment Company. Where are they located and do you have an email address. How did you find them, and what are they asking you to do?

Use the reply tab below so that I can find your answer right away and then I can write mine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pls below is an excerpt of what is on their web site. I want you to confirm if they really are what they say they are. Thank you.

''At walmarte investment company, we offer you optimal services that brings to you total financial liberty.. Walmarte investment company in partnership with american multinational organised secure investment corporation(AMOSIC) specifically designed for people who want to get reliable and profitable source of real net income.The company is the world's 18th largest public corporation, according to the Forbes Global 2000 list, and the largest public corporation when ranked by revenue. It is also among the biggest pay-out investment company in the world with over 1 million investors controlled by David Hug(CEO WALMARTE INVESTMENT COMPANY).

The investment company was founded by Walton Marte in 1995, incorporated on October 14, 1996, and publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange in 1999. It is headquartered in Northbrook,iIlinois. WALMARTE Investment Company is a group of skilled business people whose objective is to obtain profits making investments.''
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.
Hello Victor,

Yes there is a scam. First of all, if this letter were written by a corporate professional it would be written in correct English.

Secondly, everything in this is a lie. There is a Wal-Mart Investment Company in China and it is publically traded and is a subsidiary of Wal-Mart Stores, a popular US chain of department stores. There is no such company as a Walmarte Investment Company doing business in the state of Illinois. You can see that for yourself by running the name on the State of Illinois business registry, where it would have to be listed if it were real. Here's the link to the registry.

If it is a lawful investment firm in the US it would have to be registered with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Of course, it is not. You can look it up on this registry too and see that for yourself.

This is a boiler room investment fraud where a so-called foreign investment firm tries to steal your money by getting you to invest in a phony stock deal.

The US Securities and Exchange Commission publishes this guide to help a consumer identify a boiler room fraud. (See link) You ought to read it.

Do not invest in this company.