Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is Talk Fusion a scam? I am unsure about multi-level marketing,

Customer Question

Is Talk Fusion a scam? I am unsure about multi-level marketing, which this business seems to be involved in.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.

Hello Jacustomer,

Talk Fusion is a legitimate company. It has been operating since 2007.. The Better Business Bureau, which is a private, non-profit consumer protection agency that has been helping to guide US consumers for over 100 years, has both accredited Talk Fusion, which means that its business standards are of the highest caliber, and given it an A- rating, on their scale from A to F. You can see the review here.

It's easy enough to buy an MLM tto grow your own business, but ultimately, your success in an enterprise like this comes down to whether you have the right type of personality to make a good living at it and how saturated the market is with Talk Fusion hopefuls.

Talk Fusion is a Multi-Level-Marketing company. As in all MLMs there are two ways to make money. You can sell the product, which means you first have to ask yourself whether you think you have the personality that makes for a successful salesperson before you sign on. The more profitable possibility is to recruit associates who will go out and sell it for you. That is also a sales job, at least initially until you have your workforce going, and it is selling on a more sophisticated level at that.

The fact that there is a product which is actually getting marketed is what distinguishes an MLM from a pyramid scheme, which is illegal. The problem for one in your position is that the real money is not made from the sale of the product but from getting new investors to sell the product for you. That is easiest to do when an MLM is a new company. When the company has been around for a while and has a full complement of participants nationwide it's slower going to amass a staff. The average person who buys into an MLM late never makes a fraction of what he's been led to believe he will do.

With that in mind, the best sorts of jobs are the ones that will hire you because your credentials make you qualified for the job and then pay you to do the work. The ones who will take on anyone with the money to buy into it, even when they are legitimate, are very disappointing to the vast majority of people who make the investment, as the many complaint reports about Talk Fusion indicate. (See link)

But is it legitimate? Yes. Is it possible to make good money from it? Yes. But in most cases, it's not likely.

Good luck!