Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I know there are a lot of frauds in private tuition schools

I know there are a lot of frauds in private tuition schools - just wanted to know if you know if VB excellence is a safe company?

Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your question.

I have reservations about this company, and I will tell you why.

It claims to be a brand of VB Exponential and it gives a registration number for that company on its website. While there is a VB Exponential registered with Companies House under that company number, the company has only been incorporated since January of 2013, meaning that the parent company is still less than a year old. It has not filed any documents of any sort yet with Companies House to indicate that they are actually doing any sort of business.

VB Excellence's website has only been running since March of 2013, so it is only 8 months old. Their site IP address traces to the US rather than the UK, which is irregular. The company is using a proxy company based in Panama to hide the identity of the site owner and its actual location. The domain name has been registered for one year only, the least amount of time that one can own it for. Companies intending to stick around for the long haul protect their names by registering it for mulriple years at a time. It's also far more economical to do it that way. All of these are bad signs.

Google Maps shows no such business as VB Excellence at 10 Warple Mews, Warple Way, London. Running the name on the web turns up nothing that would corroborate this company's legitimacy. This company is simply a blank slate.

While they may simply be a brand new business, this is the time in a business's history when scammers can do the most damage. So I cannot recommend them at this time. Unless you want to be a test case, go with someone who's got a track record of success.
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989