Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

i booked and paid for a theory driving test through a company

Customer Question

i booked and paid for a theory driving test through a company online www.book-your-theory.com but didn't receive a confirmation email and have called them several times but get cut off as soon as they answer, how can i report this please?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your question.

This website is unregistered. There is no such company at this address. Did you make a mistake when you posted it?

Use the reply tab below.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Www.book-your-theory-test.com
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the quick reply.

This company has only existe since September of 2012, and its IP address traces not to the UK where it claims to be located but to Mumbai, India. Its website registration information is privacy protected to hide the identity of its site registrant and actual location, but it did register with Companies House, which is a sign that it may be legitimate.

If you paid by credit card talk to your carrier, say that you did not get what you ordered and that the company does not respond to calls and emails and that you believe you have been defrauded. Ask them to do a chargeback.

You should report the company to Trading Standards for further action.
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry! you say my carrier? is this my bank? can you also let me know exactly what ive signed up for with you?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.

I meant your credit card carrier. That is usually a bank.

Experts don't know the type of membership customers have signed on with. You can contact [email protected], which is our customer service. They can give you account information.